Welcome to the site of the Sr.Regina Primary School.
The Sr. Regina Primary School is a Catholic School in the village of Simpson Bay.
As a school community we are committed to educate our students to become respectable, responsible, independent and loving students, and future-citizens, who stand for peace and justice and who are not afraid to dare unconditionally to help others when needed, in order to help build up our island and country.
The school exists since 1967 and is named after Sr. Regina, the first prioress and pioneer of the Dominican Sisters on St.Maarten. She arrived on St. Maarten in 1890
The language of instruction is Dutch.
For the past years since the implementation of Foundation Based education we have been reflecting on our views on things and made adjustments to make sure that the child’s environment supports their natural development. We are constantly looking at their wellbeing. We are observing and making sure that its development shows constant growth.
In our concept we include basic principles whereby the following is of utmost importance:
- Room for development
- Love, patience and wisdom
- Personality building
- Preparation for the environment
- Link up with the child’s interest
- Understanding the child’s mind
- teaching how to cooperate
- teaching how to serve and love in your community
- allowing freedom within limits
- teaching critical thinking
- teaching children how to learn
- stimulating self-reliance and self motivation
- freedom of expression
Our school has chosen for the concept of Experiential Education in which we make sure that above mentioned values are being developed in a good atmosphere.